This video by Bible Flock Box explores 10 little-known facts about Hell that you haven’t been told.
10 Facts About Hell
- No One is in Hell Right Now: 2 Peter 2:9 “The Lord knows how to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment and to be punished.” It isn’t until after the judgment that people will go to heaven or hell. According to 2 Timothy 4:1, this judgment won’t happen until the appearing of God’s kingdom or the second coming of Jesus.
- The Dead Sleep in The Grave: The Bible speaks of death as sleep many times, such as when Jesus was speaking of Lazarus.
- There Will be Two Resurrections: There will be one resurrection for the righteous and one for the wicked. The wicked will be raised in the resurrection of damnation. Both resurrections are mentioned in Revelation 20:4-5.
- Hell is Not Eternal: The wicked experience death twice. They die like everyone else then are raised and judged and tossed into the lake of fire and die again. Those who end up in hell will perish, not live forever in agony according to video. Psalm 37:20 is mentioned to back up this point, “But the wicked shall perish, and the enemies of the Lord shall be as the fat of lambs: they shall consume; into smoke shall they consume away.”
- Eternal Hell Fire Turns People Away From God: Some people will burn longer than others, depending on their level of sin.
- Satan Will Be Burned To Ashes: Satan will also be burned completely to ashes. Ezekiel 28:18 confirms this. In fact, hellfire was actually created by God for the devil and his angels according to Matthew 25:41.
- Hell Will be on Earth: Hell isn’t in the middle of the earth but on earth itself. This hell will be present after the 1000 year reign of believers.
- Hell Doesn’t Always Refer to the Lake of Fire: In Psalm 139:8 “If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there; If I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.” In this passage, the word hell is better-translated grave.
- Hellfire Will Cleanse The Earth: Another purpose of hellfire is to cleanse the Earth in addition to punishing the devil and his demons.
- God Takes no Pleasure in Destroying Sinners: God doesn’t want anyone to perish in hell. He wants all sinners to come to know his salvation and repent of their sins. God is not out for revenge. He wants all people to be spared.
Watch the video below to HEAR the FULL DISCUSSION about Hell.