10 Amazing Facts About The Bible
The Bible is known to be the oldest book existing, since c. 1455. It covers a timeline of events that happened from the beginning of time until 95 AD. The story of how the Bible came into existence and how it survived the test of time is indeed extraordinary. Especially that it is still considered today as one of the best selling books of all time.
To give you a glimpse of the inexplicable, here are 10 amazing facts about the Bible:
- There were 40 men who wrote the Bible in over a 1600 year period, from 1500 BC up to 100 AD.
- The largest Bible publishers report that more than 168,00 Bibles are sold or given away each day in the United States alone.
- King Solomon had 700 wives, 300 concubines and 12,000 horses.
- Noah built the ark when he was 600 years old and died when he was 950.
- Jesus didn’t ascend immediately to heaven after the resurrection. He stayed on earth for 40 more days.
- God appeared to Ezekiel in the form of a hand and took him by his hair lock, and brought him between heaven and earth.
- Rain didn’t exist yet in the Garden of Eden. Water came up as a mist from the earth to water the ground.
- When Jesus was born, the Bible only mentioned the three gifts and no accounts of the three wise men. It was only assumed that the three gifts were given by the three wise men.
- The term “rapture” is not in the Bible. Cotton Mather, who was associated with the Salem Witch Trials, had probably invented it.
- The popular phrase “God helps those who help themselves.” did not originate from the Bible but was coined by Benjamin Franklin.
Everything about the Bible can bring awe to the reader. It presents facts beyond human comprehension. It tells the story of a loving God who never cease to show love and mercy to man whom He considers as His most prized possession. The Bible is a proof of God making Himself known to those who will take interest in reading it. Do you want to find out if this is true? The best way to prove it is by getting your own Bible and reading it.