5 Bible Quotes to Remind Us God Is in Control
Trusting God isn’t just when things are going good, but also when we walk through times that we don’t understand. God is in control. Yesterday. Today. Forever.
It seems that we humans have a hard time grasping that God is always fully in control. We’ve seen Him deliver us often out of hard times. Heal many infirmities. Make ways where there didn’t appear to be one. Provide financially. Yet, our next hard time we walk through– we sometimes find ourselves questioning God again.
What does it take to prove to us that God is all powerful and is working all things together for our good? (Rom. 8:28) We have to trust His plans even when we don’t understand His ways.
Here are 5 verses to remind us that God is in complete control:
- Daniel 2:21: He changes the times and seasons; He removes kings and establishes kings. He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to those who have understanding.
- Proverbs 19:21: Many plans are in a man’s heart, but the Lord’s decree will prevail.
- Isaiah 46:9-10: Remember what happened long ago, for I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and no one is like Me. I declare the end from the beginning, and from long ago what is not yet done, saying: My plan will take place, and I will do all My will.
- Proverbs 21:1 A king’s heart is like streams of water in the Lord’s hand: He directs it wherever He chooses.
- John 10:28-29: I give them eternal life, and they will never perish—ever! No one will snatch them out of My hand. My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all. No one is able to snatch them out of the Father’s hand.
We are completely and totally safe and secure with God holding onto us. It isn’t us holding on to Him, we would slip. It is Him holding on to us.