5 Characteristics of a Powerful Prayer
There are many different ways of praying effectively. Here are a few things we can keep in mind while doing so:
- Clear conscience– it’s important that we do confess our sins, but not only sins- but weaknesses to our Heavenly Father. Confession is a way of acknowledging the problem and also a way we are healed. James 5:16 says,”Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results.“
- God glorifying– We are put on this earth to give God the glory He deserves. We also should pray in a way that glorifies Him and pleases Him. We should have the well being of others in our minds, especially in the times that it is the hardest.
- God’s Will and Word– When we pray for our lives to line up with God’s will, everything else will fall into place. (Matt. 6:33) When we speak and pray His Word over our lives, we know that The Word is Truth. Truth produces real, lasting results.
- Praise and Thanksgiving– We have so much to praise God for and to be thankful for. No matter where we are in this life right now, we have at least one thing we can stand in thanks for. Where there is praise and a grateful heart, there is God also.
- Great humility– We have to be humble and come to God as a child. Even when we feel like the biggest mess, if we come to Him completely honest- then and there will He start to work it all out. He wants us real with Him; He already knows where we are. He resists the proud but gives grace to the humble.(James 4:6) As long as we remain humble, He will run to side. It’s okay to not have it all together. 🙂 He does.
The Lord’s Prayer- Our Model Prayer- Matthew 6:9-13Advertisement
(9) After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. (Glory, Praise)
(10) Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. (His will and His Word)
(11) Give us this day our daily bread. (Provision-His Will and Word)
(12) And forgive us our debts,(Clear Conscience) as we forgive our debtors.(Humble)
(13) And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen. (Glory)