5 Things You Need To Do When Reading Your Bible (MUST KNOW)
Everyone does theirs quiet time differently. I think we have to be really careful not to focus on the “method” we use, but actually on what we’re doing during this time.
Quiet time is to seek The Lord, and to also really see what the Scriptures say. It’s being reminded of His goodness. Yet, it doesn’t stop there. There are so many ways that we can spend time with God. We can become so “religious” about it that we can start seeing it as a task to be done, instead of a privilege to enjoy. God doesn’t want to be on another checklist, He wants our heart.
Here are a few examples to help you get started reading The Word:
- Pray for The Holy Spirit’s guidance. Jesus said that The Holy Spirit would bring to our remembrance everything He said unto us.
- Pray that God would show you how The Word applies to your life. How you can use this word for today?
- Have a plan. It’s important to have a plan concerning your quiet time. It’s also important for us not to feel condemned if we don’t do it the same way every day. Remember the reason rather than focus on the method.
- Meditate on The Word. I think this is probably one of the most important points. Read something and think on it. See where God takes you concerning what you’ve read. Expect fresh revelation.
- Take notes. Write down what God shows you and highlight important verses. More times than not, you’ll need the same thing again someday.