6 Signs That You Are Being Attacked Spiritually
What is an attack?
According to the Merriam-Webster dictionary, an attack is: to act violently against (someone or something) : to try to hurt, injure, or destroy (something or someone).
We know that the thief (satan) cometh not, but for to steal, kill, and destroy. (John 10:10). His main purpose is to take from us, and to destroy us. Why? We can do what he no longer can. We can be in a relationship with The Father for eternity, but he can’t.
He seeks to destroy us and to try to keep us from enjoying The Father. He will use whatever it takes, because that’s what a thief will do. He will use whatever means necessary to get what he wants.
Here are a few ways to know if you’re under spiritual attack:
- Condemnation– There is therefore now NO condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus; who walk not after the flesh, but after The Spirit.(Romans 8:1)
- Loss of Spiritual appetite- The way to combat this, is indulge anyway. Read, pray, sing- whatever you have to do to be filled up in spite of how you feel.
- Feeling like your prayers aren’t reaching Heaven– We really have to understand God apart from our feelings and KNOW His character. He is our Father, and loves for us to talk to Him. Jesus intercedes on our behalf; and God loves His Son enough to pay attention to Him.
- Feelings of Overwhelming helplessness– God is a God of ALL hope. (Romans 15:13) Hope is the opposite of helplessness.
- Isolation-When we start to pull away from our support in Godly friends and the congregation, we need to reevaluate what’s going on. Conviction will make you draw closer, condemnation will drive you away.
- Increasing Patters of Sin– If we are being pulled into old patterns, habits, or old ways of thinking; be aware. This could imply a spiritual attack. Don’t let it scare you, instead run to The One who is our Source- Jesus Christ.