5 Facts About Angels The Bible Teaches Us
Getty Images / stock_colors
Angels: God’s ministering agents. Amazing beings come down from above to help us. There have been countless proclamations of angelic events in the Bible and even in modern day. This video below published by Bible Study Tools Videos explains some things we can learn about these amazing beings from God’s word.
Facts About Angels
- They Number Too Great for the Human Mind to Comprehend: The number of angels is incomprehensible according to Revelation 5:11. The verse says, “Ten thousand times ten thousand and thousands and thousands.”
- They Are Powerful: 2 Kings 19 says, “Only one angel was needed to wipe out 185,000 Assyrians in a single night!”
- They Are Always Worshiping and Praising God: Isaiah 6:2-3 says in part, “…Holy, holy, holy is the LORD Almighty…” spoken by the angels.
- They Are Messengers: The Bible speaks on various occasions about angels serving as messengers. In Luke 1:12-13, it says “Zacharias was troubled when he saw the angel, and fear gripped him. But the angel said to him ‘Do not be afraid, Zacharias, for your petition has been heard’ and your wife Elizabeth will bear you a son, and you will give him the name John.”
- They Are There When We Die: In Luke 17:22 the Bible says, “The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham’s side.” This verse shows that angels often minister to us when we die.
The above are several occasions where the Bible mentions angels. We as Christians should be thankful that angels are present to minister to us as believers. We should also be thankful they can help us in time of trouble and make our passing more peaceful when our time to rejoin God in heaven comes.