Feeling Burned Out? 10 Bible Verses To Reassure You Of God’s Strength
Even though we are spirit beings living in fleshy bodies, there are times that we feel tired. Jesus said in Matthew 26:41, “Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.”
Most of us have felt burnt out and ready to quit. Maybe even ready for Heaven at times. What can we do when we feel this way? We first need to recognize the love of God and how He is with us always.
Even when we try to run, He never lets us go and that is a beautiful thing. He gives us strength and hope where there seems to be none. In times like this we should turn to Him, and not from Him. Take a look below.
Here are 10 scriptures to go to if you’re feeling tired and burnt out
- Matthew 11:28-30 — “Come to Me, all of you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. All of you, take up My yoke and learn from Me, because I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for yourselves. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”
- Isaiah 40:28-31 — “Do you not know? Have you not heard? Yahweh is the everlasting God, the Creator of the whole earth. He never grows faint or weary; there is no limit to His understanding. He gives strength to the weary and strengthens the powerless. Youths may faint and grow weary, and young men stumble and fall, but those who trust in the Lord will renew their strength; they will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary; they will walk and not faint.”
- Psalm 61:2 — “I call to You from the ends of the earth when my heart is without strength. Lead me to a rock that is high above me.”
- John 14:1 — “Your heart must not be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in Me.”
- Philippians 4:6-7 — “Don’t worry about anything, but in everything, through prayer and petition with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses every thought, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.”
- Psalm 28:7 — “The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him, and I am helped. Therefore my heart rejoices, and I praise Him with my song.”
- 1 Corinthians 15:58 — “Therefore, my dear brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always excelling in the Lord’s work, knowing that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.”
- Colossians 3:23-24 — “Whatever you do, do it enthusiastically, as something done for the Lord and not for men, knowing that you will receive the reward of an inheritance from the Lord. You serve the Lord Christ.”
- Psalm 37:5 — “Commit your way to the Lord; trust in Him, and He will act.”
- Exodus 33:14 — “Then He replied, “My presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.”